We have a fantastic PA who run great fundraisers and support our school in its everyday life. They provide reception and refreshments at various events over the year, support us in providing extras for our students (such as sponsoring visitors to the school, workshops, dance classes etc.) We are delighted to work with them as valued partners in education.
What is a Parent’s Association?
The Parent’s Association forms an integral part of our school community and a dedicated committee works hard throughout the year on tasks including:
• Organising welcome events for new pupils (and parents) to the school
• Arranging talks on topics of interest to parents, e.g. guest speaker on parenting/health etc
• Providing support/organisational input to major school events, e.g. Sports Day/Active Week/First Holy Communion/ Confirmation, etc
• Contributing to school newsletter
• Helping to organise and supervise extracurricular activities
• Organising Fundraising Events for the school
Each parent of a child enrolled in the school is automatically a member of the Parents’ Association and the active participation of a large number of parents is necessary to maintain the level of parental support our school so desperately needs.
Here are the minutes of the last Parents’ Association meeting: