Our past pupils will make their Confirmation on Monday, 11th October at 7.30 pm in the church. Here is some information that may help.
**Please note that you are asked to call to the parish office (behind the library in Arklow) to collect a card with details about your sponsor. This is handed to the priest on the day.
Here is the order of service for the evening. you might like to run through it with your child:
- Children do not wear albs as decided by Arklow Parish
- It will take the format of a service with anointment as opposed to a mass
- Fr. Pádraig O’Cochláin will be the celebrant
- I am very grateful to Ms. Walker and Ms. ní Shúilleabháin who will give of their time to accompany the service
- Subject to review, at this point it looks like each family will have a pew to themselves. Please wear masks for the ceremony.
- We have a limited number of prayers. If your child would like to read, please contact the office on 0402 37596
- Preparation had begun with children last year but I have asked Fr. Pádraig to send on responses and prayers for you to practice at home.
- Siobhán from the parish office will contact you with a form that should be filled in and brought on the evening.
- Your child should choose a Confirmation name. This may be a saint or person who was a positive spiritual guide for them
- Your child should bring a sponsor. Traditionally this may be a godparent or parent.
- I will update here as I receive information. I hope you will all have a special evening and look forward to sharing it with you.
- Please arrive by 7.20
- Brendan Cullen will be there to take photographs and Siobhán will be in contact about forms.
- Emer Russell